12.02.2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

I just love the holidays! I look forward to playing Christmas carols 24-7 once Thanksgiving arrives! On my to do list this week: get the Christmas cards out by thursday, so they arrive over the weekend (I can't tell you how excited I am this year for our card! It turned out beautifully, if I do say so myself!), Saturday we are buying the tree and trimming it with eggnogs in hand, I started my shopping and I am in search of Greek Key ribbon like the one below to wrap all the presents.

Over at Annechovie this summer, she displayed the photo above with this gift wrap and I immediately fell in love with how simple and chic the ribbon looks. I am going to wrap my gifts in plain old brown paper and finish it off with this trim - if I am lucky and can find some - wish me luck on my search this weekend!

I have a gold mirror just like this one. I think the hanging wreath looks so pretty in the reflection. I am inspired to create a vignette just like this over my mirrored buffet. Also, seriously considering painting the walls this shade of Robin's Egg Blue - I am always so inspired by this shade of blue and during the holidays, it's so peaceful with white and gold accents.
A crystal chandelier with glass balls suddenly becomes more festive and very French (ooh la la)! Again, I'm drawn to the pastels instead of the traditional green and red. For me, Christmas is about family, and channeling your child, and everything magical of what can and should be. Here's to getting your holiday on!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

You've inspired me to get the decorations out of storage, get the Christmas cards out and get in the holiday spirit...and enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...