1.10.2010

Hancock Park Studio


Today my sister Chelsea (the Valentine in Vanessa + Valentine) and I did a photo shoot for her newly redesigned studio in the Hancock Park neighborhood of Los Angeles.
Ron Marvin (the man who knows a thing or two about utilizing small spaces stylishly and functionally, was our constant source of inspiration for this little studio). Take a peek at the posh new pad !!!
We couldn't decide which pillows we liked best on the leather couch so here's both options.
I like how the yellow pops against the blue wall, but again, couldn't make up my mind so I thought I would show you both ways.

Love the chilled out glamorous bohemian 70s vibe the Donghia fabric mixed with the faux fur blanket from Pottery Barn gives this room. The collage is courtesy of Chels.
Some of our favorite design books: newly added courtesy of my Mom is Woodson & Rummerfield, I highly recommend picking up a copy!!!

Once the shoot was over, we headed to Joan's on Third for a quick bite to eat and who did we notice standing in line with us at the counter??!! Angelo Surmelis from HGTV!!! Today was a great day for designing, being creatively inspired, and hanging with my sister!

3 comments:

Sandy said...

What a great photo shoot! Looks like a very comfy studio in a great neighborhood. Love the 3rd photo down with the brown croc tray and the books and martini glasses. Two very talented sisters. Look forward to more!

damonsalve said...

love the bohemian flare. :)

Chelsea Valentine said...

I wish I had before photos of my studio. The transformation is a true testament of the improvements that can be done on a budget. I really do feel at home in my Hancock Park studio. Props to the production crew!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...