7.18.2010

The Baby Diaries: Aquamarine Inspired Boy's Nursery


It's official, I am having a boy! Now I can set aside the pink palette (which I will share with you because it's too cute not to!) and focus on my aquamarine boy palette. I've always loved the soothing color of aquamarine and when I stumbled upon the paints pictured above in the June 2010 issue of House Beautiful, I was in heaven, and my inspiration was born.


Yesterday while shopping at F & S Fabrics on Pico Blvd. in West L.A., I found the cutest aqua houndstooth that will be my starting point as fabric for crib bumper pads. I also found this great outdoor fabric in blue and white stripe that I'd like to use as a crib skirt, but I am still debating the shade of blue, it may be too nautical looking, so the vote is still out on that one. The peacock inspired top fabric was utterly stunning in person! The scanned image does it no justice but my breath was taken away out how grand it looked, but the price tag was a bit too steep for my budget at $45 yd. I'm thinking of purchasing a half yard and using it for 2 little accent pillows inside the crib.

While reading one of my favorite blogs Urban Grace, I discovered Erika's post about this nursery over at The Estate of Things. I love how they mixed old vintage pieces with new furniture, and white wood with oak. It's not too matchy matchy and it looks like it all came together over time vs. being purchased at one big chain store on the same day - a sign of good design in my book!


The yellow and white striped crib skirt is the perfect statement piece to set the stage and the gray tassle trim is the cutest little accent to really give this nursery some glam!

A vintage oak dresser is the perfect changing table with the addition of a changing pad. How cute are those little woven suitcases placed underneath???!!!

I found the same crib that they used above on Wal-Mart's website. It's the Baby Mod Parklane crib and I think it's perfect because of it's simple clean lines, it's modern look, and the storage it offers underneath. I never thought pulling together a nursery story would be so much fun, stay tuned for more pics to come of the finished product!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Vanessa! I love both the color palette and crib you selected.

Arianna Belle said...

Congratulations!!! Can't wait to see the finished nursery! :)

carol said...

Love seeing your inspirations and ideas coming alive for our grandson "to be"!! I shared the site w/ Judy..Luv MIL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...