3.04.2011

Fabulous Find: Furniture from Maison 140!!!


The other day I received an email from one of my favorite vendors in the valley, Hotel Surplus, that they just received a shipment of furniture from the Beverly Hills boutique hotel Maison 140.  The hotel, like many of Kor Group's other Los Angeles properties, is currently undergoing a makeover by Kelly Wearstler.  


I was so excited to see what had come in that I rushed to take a look for myself - here are some of my favorite pieces.

These headboards were totally plush!  I purchased the yellow one for my latest client project in Manhattan Beach.  It's the perfect headboard for a sunny and bright beach pad!


I loved this Oriental style headboard - seriously contemplating it for my room, but have also had a tufted one on my wish list.  


This tufted bench is perfect for the foot of a bed or as extra seating in a large living room.  There were a lot of nix and dings and of course the fabric needs to be recovered, but overall it was in good condition.


I loved these mirrors, especially the one above!

There were a couple of these that I would love to use as panels in a dining room, above a buffet, or on either end of bedside tables.

These bed side tables I'm using with the yellow tufted headboard.  The handles are a really cool acrylic and have a light airy vibe to them.

Loved all the French antiques and these little bedside tables were adorable.


This little number used to sit in the Bar Noir at Maison 140.  It wasn't in the best condition, oh well...

This little Macau chair will be used for the desk area of the beach pad.  It's either going to be painted white or turquoise blue.  Definitely needs some recovering - notice the rip in the leather???

So in love with this Greek Key cocktail table!!!  I'm debating grabbing this one for myself!
This is the perfect piece to house jewelry.  The hardware was really nice in person and overall in great shape!
I'm seriously tempted to purchase this dresser and use it in a foyer.  Again, it was in great condition and really beautiful.
More bedside tables - I loved the style of these ones.  Each room in the hotel had it's own furniture, so there are a lot of bedside tables, which is great if you are buying for one room, but makes it hard if you are doing many because no two rooms were alike.
A Louis Chair, needs some work, but love a great Louis.
This little marble and black cocktail table is very glam and there's 2 of them.  I'm thinking of using both as coffee tables grouped together.
Lamps, lamps, and more lamps!!!  The 2 yellow ones with white bamboo on them are being used for the beach pad.  I'm going to grab a white one for myself.  They are all quite large so you definitely need the space for them.

They also have all the artwork from the property.  Could be interesting used in the right room.

Here's a peek at the pieces in their original setting....







2 comments:

Table couture said...

love the first pic!!!! gorgeous...wanna buy it all!!

xo
sara

Stephanie said...

Oooh, gotta go for that Asian-inspired headboard! I'm a sucker for tufting, but the Asian-inspired one is so glamorous and unexpected. Love, love, love it! Just my unsolicited humble opinion. LOL :)

stephanie
www.1sweetlemon.blogspot.com

ps.. your posts are really making me want to redecorate!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...