3.29.2011

Hairstyle Inspiration: Bangs?

I first came across my new style crush, Miroslava Duma, on Stephanie's blog One Sweet Lemon.  Miro, as she is called, is a former editor at Harper's Bazaar (Russia) and is a  fashion writer and constant subject of my favorite photographer The Sartorialist.  
 Besides being blown away by her insane fashion sense, I am totally feeling inspired to cut some bangs! 

As you may or may not know, I had a baby boy almost 4 months ago and my maternity leave will be coming to an end this week.  So, before I head back to Corporate America (in my day job I work as a Recruiter at The Creative Group), I booked a hair cut with my stylist and am contemplating showing him these pics as inspiration.
How cute do Miro's bangs look with her long hair??!!  I love how youthful (well she's 25) she looks and I want to look the same.  I totally need a change from my usual (i.e. long layers with a pic of Jen Aniston in hand showing my stylist - lol!)  
I'm thinking if they look terrible, I can at least wear them styled back until they grow out and can be cut into long layers.
So what are your thoughts?  Are bangs totally lame?  Or do I go for it and try something new?  

7 comments:

Kelsey said...

Go for it! I just got bangs, it was terrifying, but totally worth it! The best part is that they make a messy bun look even cuter.

Sara of Table Couture said...

do it!!!!!!!!!

it looks so chic yet effortless!

Stephanie said...

You should definitely go for it! Miro's bangs are the perfect inspiration -- super wearable and totally chic! Post a pic when you're done! :)

And many thanks for the blog mention!

Stephanie
www.1sweetlemon.blogspot.com

The Glam Lamb said...

Vanessa!!! i recently moved my blog over to wordpress - oh! what a process!!! But - i just moved your blog name over to my new blog roll! It was so nice to have several posts of yours to read in a row!! Alrighty - I am all caught up!! Your site has such great posts, as always!!

xoxo
Hallie
http://glamlamb.com

carol said...

Totally perfect idea for you! You will look lovely and chic!

Wallpaper said...

awesome style icon!! Love the first pic especially!!

Wallpaper said...

awesome style icon!! Love the first pic especially!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...