4.27.2011

Crushing on Jennifer Ferreira

I came across these photos a while ago and they've been sitting in my "when I design my dream condo/apartment in the city this is how I will do it" folder.  I love everything about this place.  Jennifer Ferreira is the talented designer behind these images and she is currently on my radar for inspiring designers.  Zebra rug, check, Louis style furniture, check, acrylic, check, Mies Van Der Rohe style chaise, check, gold accents, drum shade, espresso wood floors, and Tom Ford coffee table book, check!  

I mean seriously, don't you want to just hang out in this room, listen to music, play the piano, pop some bubbly, and chill, while entertaining your fabulous friends??  I sure as hell do!  And it's kid friendly enough for my little baby Barron to run around or ride his bike when he gets old enough!

I love when guitars are just hanging out in a room screaming "play me!"  My sister (Miss Valentine) and I were just talking about this the other day, that it looks very cool when musical instruments are left out for anyone to play.  I always said that when I have kids, I want them to learn how to play musical instruments.  I took piano lessons for years, but I always admired people who could strum a guitar.

I love the cleanliness of this minimal room.  I've been thinking more and more about living with less.  I've done a ton of cleaning out and organizing trying to create a living space that isn't dominated with "stuff."  I really believe that when you live with less, you are happier.  At times I feel so inundated with society preaching that more is better, that we need more and more to be happy.  I couldn't disagree more!  So with that said, here is my example of the perfect space that exemplifies less is more. 
"Honey, I'm Home!"  I want to just throw my keys and purse down on this little vignette when I get home.  I love white furniture, the color combo white + pink + black and this wallpaper is super cool (I think I've seen it in pink before in Kelly Wearstler's stairway, no??!!)   
Another thing to check off the list - BLACK DOORS!  I have promised myself that one day I will paint every door in my "dream city condo/apartment" black.  How utterly chic, especially with the gold knobs!!!???

Images via Jennifer Ferreira

4 comments:

StaceyJ said...

Vanessa--you have such fab taste! I am in the process of furnishing a new home and I always look to you for inspiration...I love Ms. Ferreira's rooms and the consistent theme of black and white...just stunning...

{COZAMIA} said...

What a gorgeous place, I love all the black and white contrast with the touches of gold, she's amazing.

Chelsea Valentine said...

Less is certainly more. Clutter only complicates our lives anyways and you can't go wrong with keeping things simple and straight up easy with black and white.

Sandy said...

This is exactly how I would love to decorate my soon to be new condo. Love the simplicity and the casual yet dramatic look. I even have the grand piano to finish off the living room. Love these pics! Great for inspiration.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...