12.16.2011

Crushing on Tommy Smythe

Every saturday afternoon I religiously DVR all my favorite HGTV shows and lazily lounge on my couch relaxing.  My favorite shows (besides Color Splash and Candice Olsen) are Sarah's House and Design Inc. I love watching the dynamic duo, Sarah Richardson and Tommy Smythe, remodel and redecorate fabulous spaces.  I love their creativity and quirky personalities, and I especially love Tommy's quick wit (his dandy sense of style rocks too)!
I about fell over when I saw Tommy's recent project in House and Home.  I love how he mixes traditional elements with a gentleman's haberdashery.  Zebra, houndstooth, and gray wool fabrics are so warm and cozy, but I especially love how he offsets these with glossy black walls, crisp white trim and lots of dark wood.  
This gold mirror hangs perfectly over the sofa.
I love the look of round mirrors grouped together up the stairs, gives it an aged look.
This bathroom packs so much punch for such a small space!  I love when a small powder room has a surprise element like this zig-zag pattern in yellow, black and gray! 
Loving the pops of orange mixed with navy!  This is fast becoming one of my favorite color combos!
Are you dying over the kitchen yet?  He perfectly blended gold hardware with classic chrome faucets.  That floor is beyond stellar!
I want that red Chesterfield and I love the mix of gray, black and gold.  
 Lots of crisp black and white, seriously I want to move in here!!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...