8.24.2010

Oh Suzani!


I found this image some time ago in Canadian House and Home. I can't recall the designer who did this room (if anyone knows, please tell me!), but I have to say it's one of the most creative ways to display a bold print like Donghia's Suzani.
I first became acquainted with this gorgeous print during my time working at The Pacific Design Center in West Hollywood. I would walk by the Donghia Showroom during lunch breaks and just stare at a dining room vignette that used this print for chairs.
It definitely takes guts and the right execution to pull off this bold pattern to make just the right statement. And I love the combination of anything bohemian and glam all rolled into one. I used the colorway pictured above for my own home.

...and for my sister's place, we went with the blue colorway.

How gorgeous would this print look with aquamarine walls, a camel colored sofa, white rock crystal lamps, and these as accent pillows??!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...