2.02.2011

To Paint or Not To Paint???


I've been wanting to do something different with my little antique desk I received as a gift for my 7th birthday from my grandparents so many years ago. I'm a bit apprehensive to paint over the wood, but when I stumbled across this desk at Full House I'm totally inspired!!! The orange reminds me of Tory Burch or Hermes and I think trimmed with gold, it could be quite stunning to house my jewelry, perfumes, and candles!
My other absolute favorites would be an aquamarine, Tiffany blue, or crisp white like the desk pictured above.
I need your opinions: Do I paint my little desk or keep it traditional in the wood finish???? Here's how it looks now...

What are your thoughts???

11 comments:

LauraO said...

I am loving the crisp white because wherever you move it will fit in. While the orange is classy- you would have to have the right room for it to fit.

Vanessa Stern said...

I agree with you on that one! Good point!

The Glam Lamb said...

I am really on the fence here on this one.... i love the wood, its stunning and it looks like its in amazzzing condition.
But color could be bananas too!!!
I am no help!

Lesley Rials Napper said...

I love a white desk...really, really love BUT I think that orange trimmed in gold would be stunning!! I vote orange!

carol said...

I'm a traditionalist and love the wood....think it's classy and timeless!

Sarah said...

Paint it, it will look so stylish in a nice thick white glossy finish and you will never tire of it in white. Such a beautiful piece of furniture.

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of painting it white, but I must say orange would really stand out and make a great statement, love both ideas x

LiveLikeYou said...

Paint it!! I painted my old desk a bold orange and it made my entire room. I'm having a desk just like yours done for a client currently in a powder blue high gloss. can't wait to see it.

Anonymous said...

You shouldnt paint it. Its lovely like it is.

Design Junkie said...

Strip it and leave it it's natural finish or paint it. Update the hardware!

Kandice said...

Oh, I was going to say PAINT IT! Until I saw the picture. The desk is gorgeous! Paint would look fab now, but one day you'll wish you hadn't. It's too pretty to paint!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...