1.18.2011

Fabulous Find: Faux Bamboo Stool



A couple of weeks ago while searching Craigslist, I stumbled upon this bamboo stool for sale at one of my favorite stores in the valley, Hotel Surplus! I was immediately intrigued since I've been looking for a stool to sit at my vanity in my bedroom and I love the look of bamboo that you see so often used by designers like Jonathan Adler.


While looking for inspirational images on how to re-design a bamboo stool, I found this one at Gump's for $298!!! I was amazed at how similar it looks to my stool, and was stoked that I got mine for only $45!!!
Here is the final product: I spray painted it gold and found this leopard fabric at F & S Fabrics for $30 yard to recover the cushion!
I'm thrilled at how it turned out and tempted to go back and buy one more stool so I have a pair. I think they would look so good paired in front of a fire place, at the foot of a bed, or even in an entry way tucked underneath a console table.

5 comments:

Chelsea Valentine said...

You did a great job revamping it! Great look for less.

carol said...

Great look and meant to comment on it last week! Classy!

Vickie H. said...

That stool is ROCKIN' IT, for sure! Great job! And DEFINITELY go and get one more stool! you will NEVER be sorry!!! Last year when JC Penney had their Gump's lookalike stools on sale I got two of them...they are now some of my fave pieces in the house. EXCELLENT WORK!!! Thank you for sharing!!!

The Glam Lamb said...

i was just about to do a post on this too! lol. it looks awesome. great work!!

Stephanie said...

Love it!!! I've been on a perpetual search for just the right vanity stool. So far, no luck. Love how you've revamped a steal of a find. Looks so perfectly glam!

www.1sweetlemon.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...