7.28.2011

My Creative Process

You may have noticed, we have a new look around here!  So much has been going on in my life these days, including having this blog redesigned by Jenna of QA Design.  I first came across her work through various bloggers I follow and was quite impressed by the before and after photos of her work.  Here is a before photo of my old blog template...
Although I was very happy with the look of it, I was ready for a change.  I thought it would be fun to share with you some of the elements that served as my inspiration.  After playing around with fonts I knew I wanted to keep a similar look, but kick it up a notch.  I played around with fonts and decided on using Edwardian and BlairMDTT.  I feel the script and print are masculine and feminine, uptown and downtown, both elements of my personality.
Next, deciding on an accent color was a bit challenging for me.  If you have been reading this blog, you know just how much I am loving gold!  Black and white has always been my signature combo, however pushing myself to go with gold was scary at first, but I love how it looks!

I've been seeing gold everywhere these days, so I decided to leave the coral pink behind and just go for it and I'm glad I did!
  
I love the simplicity of Kelly Wearstler's website.  I think it's good design at it's finest.  It's clean, simple, and serves a purpose, which are all elements of good design in my book.  I love the graphic impact of the black and white with gold accents!

This chain link design from Iomoi is my absolute favorite, so I knew I had to incorporate it somehow into the design.  I wear a gold chain link bracelet everyday, so I thought it would be the perfect element to bring in as an accent.

This Hermes tray that I found online also served as inspiration.  I just love this design!
More gold chains....and below is the actual gold Ralph Lauren chain bracelet that I wear daily. 
I totally think my designer Jenna got it just right!  Now, about my designer, I can not say enough great things about her!  I was a little apprehensive of hiring someone that I didn't know, but decided to just give it a shot and I am ever so grateful for working with her!  She was beyond patient, going back and forth with me, making changes and adjustments.  I am probably not your average client.  I studied Graphic Design in college and in my day job I place designers in creative jobs, so I am very hands on and love being part of the creative process.  I am an absolute perfectionist when it comes to the details, so I am ever so thankful for working with Jenna.  Things got a little tense when she was doing the final install because my previous code was acting up, but in the end she figured it out and got everything set up beautifully!  I felt like we really worked as a team to get it all done!  I would highly recommend anyone to work with her and I can't say enough great things about her!

1 comment:

carol said...

Great to hear how to came to this design-it's hot, hot, hot! Great job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...