5.03.2011

Laura & Diego Garcia's Apartment

I've seen these pictures circulating around the blogosphere and I couldn't resist posting them! I'm totally enamored with Laura and Diego Garcia's New York apartment. The talented photographer, Claiborne Swanson Frank, captured the couple's home beautifully. I always love seeing how other people live and again this one is going into my "when I design my chic city apartment/condo" folder. More and more I'm thinking a small space may be the answer to our "family" home. A smaller space means less junk to store, I mean really, who needs more stuff???   
So here's what I spy that's been on my eye:  purple amethyst geode in the top pic, Tom Ford book, black painted dining room walls, casual guitar again out in the open, chrome and glass table, white walls, and lots of family pics.
Have I told you I have white furniture on the brain, especially a plush white leather couch?? Well, I do and I think this would make one of the best pieces to have with kids...no stains!!! Plus, white is so easy to change up with lots of different throw pillows. Seriously coveting that piece of art - I want it!

I'll sit at this computer any day! This glass or lucite desk is perfect to float in the room. Often times with apartments rooms have to function in a couple of ways. I love the living/family room/office combo. Who needs a million rooms in the house??? Keeps everyone together and able to hang out in one space which is more fun!
I was stopped dead in my tracks when I saw baby Georgiana's room! The giant neon pink picture of Liz Taylor is genius! And set against gray walls with lots of white accents is it for me! I'm swooning!
 Hmmm...if I don't one day have a baby girl's nursery to decorate, then I'm just going to put this neon pink pic in an entryway...I really love it that much and when you love art that much, you must surround yourself in it!  



Images via Vogue

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...