9.29.2009

Fall Color Palette: Golds, Nudes, Camels, Tans

L.A. does not have seasons!!! That's officially on the record coming from a 2nd generation Angeleno who is obsessed with change. I am probably the only person in L.A. complaining that it's too damn sunny here! I like clouds, and rain, every now and then, and I especially like wearing coats, scarves, boots, and structured clothes. Being that the Indian Summer continues well into the winter (winter what is that?), I've decided I am thankful that at least when the cold weather finally hits L.A. open toed heels, bare legs, and wrap dresses are still appropriate and the rules simply do not apply to us on the Left Coast. So, here is my current color obsession or lack of color:

Courtesy of: Kate Spade, Tory Burch, Missoni, Gerard Yosca necklace, Banana Republic bracelette

Michele Deco Baguette Watch
This watch screams LADY with it's sleek, slim shape, refined diamonds, and interchangeable bands (I'd roll mine with a black alligator band)! I can see this with jeans, a blazer, and casual T-shirt, or dress it up with a cocktail dress for a night out on the town! The point is, it's a hybrid watch, can intermix with your whole wardrobe, is classic, timeless, and serves a function which to me = good design!

This living room by Jamie Bush is super cool! Check out that piece of art!!! It epitomizes chilled out beach pad in Venice and even though there's a lot going on in this room, the color palette still makes it easy on the eyes.


A tufted gilded gold bed frame is screaming my name! It looks so refined, yet so fun! I think it would be perfectly accented with a crystal chandelier, clear lucite bedside lamps, and a bucket of bubbling champagne!

Sharon Stone, as the dangerously fierce Catherine Tramell tears it down Basic Instinct style!!! She epitomizes femme fatale and I love how the costume designer juxtaposed her character's dark personality by dressing her in golds, nudes, camels, and tans.



2 comments:

Renee Hammond said...

jeans, a blazer and a casual t-shirt?! do i see freshman year at UA coming back into style?? love it!

deliciously organized said...

I adore that outfit! Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...